This is the page of all baby chinchillas born and for adoption! All of my kits are held almost every day from the day they are born, so they generally grow up to be very friendly and used to human contact! Be sure to check back often for updates. If there are no chins currently available for adoption, or if you don't see what you are looking for, feel free to fill out the form below or email me to be added to the baby mailing list! The email list will allow you to begin receiving updates when litters are born. Please include desired color/gender in the comments if you have a preference.
At this time I have no babies available for adoption. More litters are expected in January!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to be added to my emailing list.
J30 - Standard Gray Female and J31 - Standard Gray Male
Two babies arrived on 10/9/18 to Callie (white mosaic female) and Appa (dark ebony male). J30 is a standard gray female and J31 is a standard gray male. They are both on deposit at this time.
J29 - Sapphire Female
On 9/26/18, a single kit was born to Belle (standard sc female) and Kyo (standard sc male). J29 is a sapphire female who will be adopted, and is on deposit at this time.
J27 - Violet Female and J28 - Beige Violet Male
On 9/18/18, two babies were born to Leia (beige vc female) and Mickey (violet male). J27 is a violet female and J28 is East Coast Chinchillas' first ever beige violet baby!! J27 will be adopted and is on deposit at this time, and J28 will be staying here.
J23 - Violet Female and J24 - Extra Dark Ebony VC Male
A second unexpected litter arrived on 8/29/18 to Hotaru and Dimitri! J23 is a violet female and J24 is an extra dark ebony (vc) male. Both of these babies are going to be adopedted; J23 and J24 are both on deposit.
J21 and J22 - Standard Gray Females
An unexpected litter arrived on 8/29/18 to Dinah, a pure standard female, and Anakin, a pure standard male. J21 will be staying here with me, and J22 is currently on deposit.
**no longer available** This is a small sampling of some of the babies born here over the years! All of the babies in the slideshow below are staying here or have been adopted.
- A non-refundable deposit via PayPal is required to hold a chinchilla until pickup.
- When a new baby is born, individuals on the emailing list will be notified via email and will receive a 48 hour exclusivity period to place a deposit (based on my evaluation of the safety and appropriateness of the potential home). After sending the deposit and prior to pickup, the adopter must fill out an adoption questionnaire to ensure the home will be safe and healthy for the kit.
- Chinchilla babies must be with their mother for 8-10 weeks at minimum, then are monitored by me on their own for at least 1 week, before they are allowed to leave.
- I care very much about the homes my chinchillas are entering, so if you are inexperienced with chinchillas, please don't hesitate to ask questions! I would be more than happy to help educate anyone interested in adding a chinchilla to their family for the first time!
- Please note that I reserve the right to deny any adoption if I feel that the chinchilla will not be entering a safe, healthy, happy forever-home.